I have posted here important views and various discussion held on web at various platforms by me. These are various astrological important points, i learn t through sharing.
Jyotish is the best tool to understand one's nature, challenges to face. Meditation, prayers, yoga are the best method for improvement in life.
I am full time professional astrologer and for any private consultation contact me at +91 8003004666 or at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday, June 02, 2012
Dreams Kṛṣṇa Teachings in Brahmavaivarta Purāṇa
This article is NOT WRITTEN \ TRANSLATED BY ME.
Dreams: Lord Kṛṣṇa Teachings Extracts from Brahmavaivarta Purāṇa Auspicious dreams
Nanda asked :
1. Tell me, O Lord, which sort of dreams gives happiness and merit to the seer and produces good results.
Śrī Kṛṣṇa replied :
2-3.My father! The Sāmaveda is regarded an authority in all matters.
Now, please listen to me discussing the auspicious dreams that always
give meritorious results, as described in the Puṇya Kāṇḍa of Kanva
recension of the Sāmaveda.
4. Man attains the merit of a dip in the holy Ganges if he hears the description of dreams that yield various pious results.
5-6.Dreams of the first quarter (Yama or Prahara) of the night show
results in a year, of the second quarter in eight months, of the third
in three months, of the fourth in a fortnight, of the dawn in ten days.
Dreams of early morning meet immediate results if the seer wakes up
after the dream.
7.A dream dreamt by a person mentally anxious or physically sick, becomes futile.
8.Dreams seen by a man sick, frightened, naked, with disheveled hair or smeared with excreta, become futile.
9.A dream becomes futile if the dreamer falls asleep again after the
dream or due to his utter foolishness discloses it to some body else
during the same night.
10.The disclosure of his dream to one
hailing from Kaśyapa clan brings about danger, that of his dream to one
distressed, distress and that of his dream to a vile person, disease to
11-12. (He) contracts fright by disclosing the
dream to an enemy, quarrel by doing it to a fool (or an illiterate
person), loss of wealth by doing the same to a woman; he gets into fear
from thieves if he discloses it at night, bereavement if, while drowsy,
but attains desired object if he discloses the dream to a learned man.
But, O Nanda, dreams though good should not be disclosed to a person who
belongs to the Kaśyapa lineage even if he is learned.
man receives wealth if he (in his dream) rides an ox, an elephant or a
horse, or climbs up a tree or a mountain or eats or wails. He gets filed
rich in harvest if he receives a lyre (VINA) in dream.
15. He gets wealth if he is injured with weapons or smeared with excrement or blood or suffers from boils or biting of worms.
15. He gets wealth if he is injured with weapons or smeared with excrement or blood or suffers from boils or biting of worms.
16-17. He receives favourable news and immense wealth if he performs
the following in dream: viz. incest, wedding, drinking of semen mixed
with urine, entering a city (at night) or hell and drinking of blood
mixed with urine or nectar.
18-20. Fame and vast wealth will be
attained by one who sees in dream the following : an elephant, a king,
gold, an ox, a cow, a lamp, food, fruits, flowers, a maiden, an
umbrella, a chariot, a flat, or his relatives. He gets fortune if he
sees (in a dream) a pitcher full of water, a twice born person (i.e., a
Brāhmaṇa, a kṣatriya or a vaiśya), fire, flowers, betel, a temple,
white, Paddy, a dagger or a public woman. He also gets merit and wealth
if he sees (in a dream) cow milk or clarified butter (ghṛta)
21.He will definitely become a king if he enjoys curd, milk, ghee,
honey, sweets or sunned rice from a leaf of lotus plant in dream.
22. A man will attain desired objects, receive pleasant news and much
money if he partakes of meat of birds of human beings in dreams.
23. He will get the same results (as described in the preceding verse)
he if walks along a road with an umbrella or a pair of shoes or a sharp
edged sword, in his dream.
24.One becomes very prominent if he
swims with the help of a raft in dream and the dreaming of a tree
bearing fruits leads one to attainment of wealth.
25.One who is bitten by a white snake in his right hand (in dream) gets very soon a modest and sweet-tongued wife.
26. Dream of a mare, a hen, a female curlew gives a wife and that of being chained gives good renown.
27.One attains wealth if he sees himself to be bitten by a snake in
dream and gets rid of diseases if he sees the sun or the moon in his
28.He who partakes in dream rice with curd or porridge
from withered leaf of the lotus plant on the bank of a river or a lack
becomes a king.
29.He, who sees (in dream) a leech, a scorpion, or a snake, gets wealth, a son, victory and renown.
30.He, who is injured in dream by horned or fanged animals, boars or monkeys, definitely becomes a king and gets vast wealth.
31. One gets vast wealth by seeing, in dream, fish meat, pearl, conch-shell, sandal or diamond.
32.Wealth is obtained as a result of seeing in dream, wine, blood, gold
and excrement and victory is achieved by seeing an image or a symbolic
representation of Siva (Siva linga)
33.One, who sees in dream a
mango or a marmelos tree bearing flowers and fruits, gets wealth. He
also gets wealth, intellect and prosperity if he sees burning flames in a
34.Wealth is obtained by seeing the fruit of Amalaki or
haritaki (embolic myrobalan) and lotus flower in a dream. A man gets
whatever he sees in a dream offered to him by deities, Brāhmaṇas, cows,
the manes or monks.
35.One attains prosperity and happiness by
embracing, in a dream a woman wearing white clothes and white garlands
and white unguents.
36. He, who embraces a woman clothed and garlanded in yellow, attains prosperity and happiness. (welfare.)
37. The dreaming of all white objects excepting ashes, bones and cotton
is auspicious; while that of black objects excepting a cow, an
elephant, a deity and a Brāhmaṇa is inauspicious.
38. One, who
finds in a dream a celestial woman or a Brāhmaṇa lady with a smiling
face and jewelry on to enter into his apartment gets good friends.
39.Goddess Durgā herself is pleased with him who enjoys in dream the
pleasure of a Brāhmaṇa, a Brāhmaṇa lady, a deity, a celestial maiden, a
girl of eight wearing ornaments studded with jewels.
40. He, to whom a pleased Brāhmaṇa or a smiling Brāhmaṇa lady offers in dream a fruit, gets a male-child.
41. O Nanda ! He, who is blessed by a Brāhmaṇa in dream, gets the results of that blessing and definitely obtains riches.
42-43. One, who sees (in dream) a contented Brāhmaṇa entering his
house, is blessed with the entrance of Nārāyaṇa, Siva and Brahma to his
house and obtains vast property, renown and welfare, he also gathers
bliss, name and fame at every step.
44. If one chances to get Surabhi in dream, he obtains landed property and a devoted wife.
45. It is ascertained in the Vedas that one who is lifted by an
elephant with its trunk and placed on its own head, becomes a king.
46. O Nanda ! he, whom a pleased Brāhmaṇa embraces in dream, no doubt, becomes pious and fortunate.
47. The virtuous man, who receives an offer of flowers from a Brāhmaṇa in dream, becomes victorious, renowned, rich and happy.
48. Seeing sacred places, palatial buildings, jewels and houses in
dream, a man becomes victorious, rich and fortunate to have bathing in
49. He, who gives in dream a pitcher filled with water to any body, gets a male-child and property.
50. He, who finds in dream a handsome lady entering his house taking measuring vessels and Kudava and Adhaka gets riches.
51. O Nanda ! he, to whose house a celestial woman comes and relieves herself, receives wealth and gets rid of poverty.
52. He, who sees in dream Sambhu with Parvati or Narayana with Laksmi
or a Brāhmaṇa with his wife, entering his house (attains prosperity in
every sphere of life).
53. He, to whom a Brāhmaṇa or a Brāhmaṇa lady offers paddy or a handful of flowers, gets prosperity in every sphere.
54. He, who receives a sting of pearls, a garland (of flowers), Sandal
wood (in dream), O Nanda, from the hands of a Brāhmaṇa, gets, wealth and
becomes happy in every respect.
55. He, who receives yellow ochre, flag, turmeric, sugar-cane and boiled rice in dream, obtain all-round prosperity.
56. He, on whose head, a Brāhmaṇa or a Brāhmaṇa lady holds an umbrella or scatters white paddy in dream, will become a king.
57. If a person in white garland and in white unguents in dream
partakes curd and porridge (rice boiled in milk) on a chariot, he
becomes a king.
58. He, to whom, a Brāhmaṇa or a Brāhmaṇa lady
offers nectar, curd or an award in dream will without fail become a king
or attain kingly prosperity.
59. That virtuous man, to whom a Brāhmaṇa gives a book in dream, becomes a world-renowned great poet and vastly learned man.
60. If a woman teaches some body in dream just like a mother, then the
taught becomes a peerless scholar like the son of goddess Sarsvati
61. If a Brāhmaṇa teaches somebody in a dream with
paternal care, and gives him a book, with affection in dream, the latter
becomes similar to the former (i.e. in respect of learning)
62. One who gets a book on the way or anywhere else in dream, becomes learned, renowned and famous in the world.
63. One, who receives initiation with Mahāmantra from a Brāhmaṇa or a
Brāhmaṇa lady becomes wise, wealthy, accomplished and intelligent.
64. One to whom a Brāhmaṇa offers an incantation or a stone image of some god, gains saintly attainment (siddhi) in the same.
65. He, who is dream bows down to multitude or Brāhmaṇas and Brāhmaṇa
ladies and receives their blessings, becomes an emperor or a learned
66. He, to whom a contended Brāhmaṇa makes a gift of a piece of land with white paddy in dream, becomes the lord of the earth.
67. If a Brāhmaṇa takes some body in a chariot and shows him different
strata of heaven in dream, the seer gets an enhanced life and wealth.
68. If a Brāhmaṇa or a Brāhmaṇa lady being pleased, gives a daughter to
any body (in marriage in dream) the recipient becomes king with
69. One attains prosperity by seeing in dream a lake, a sea, a river, a white snake or a white mountain.
70. One attains long life, by seeing in a dream, a dead body, becomes,
free from malady by seeing in a dream a diseased person, becomes happy
at the sight of a happy man.
71. He, who dreams that a heavenly
or beautiful woman is telling him, “Please be my husband,” and does not
fall asleep again after this dream, becomes a king without fail.
72. A man attains renown by seeing in dream, a girl, a string of crystal beads, a rainbow and white clouds.
73. He, whom a Brāhmaṇa tells in dream, “Be my servant”, becomes a devotee of Lord Vishnu, having attained perfect devotion.
74-75 Wise men who know the secret of dreams say that dreaming a
Brāhmaṇa lady, Lakshmi, Durgā, Sarasvatī, Rādhikā, in the guise of a
cow-girl, a boy in the guise of cow-herd is auspicious.
Nanda ! I have described the auspicious and meritorious dreams to you.
If you are to know more about dreams I shall described more for your
1.A dream becomes futile if the dreamer sleeps again after it. Hence, one should sleep again if one has a bad dream.
2.Nanda said, “O Lord” ! I have listened to your description of good
dreams, now please tell me about the bad ones. Then the Lord said unto
him,, “Now you hear the same”.
3. The Lord said, “If anybody
in dream bursts into a jovial laugher, witnesses marriage, dance, music
or sees his tutelary deity, he is certainly in danger.”
who in dream, gnashes his teeth or sees some body wandering, suffers
loss of health, or falls a victim to physical diseases.
is certain to him who anointed with oil travels in dream towards the
southern direction, on the back of a mule, or a camel or a buffalo.
6.One has to experience great difficulties if he sees in dream, lime, china-rose, asoka, oleander flower, oil and salt.
7.He, who sees in dream a naked, dark-complexioned sudra widow, with
nose cut off, or a kapardaka (small shell called cowrie) or a palm
fruit, comes to grief (aspirations are dashed).
angry Brāhmaṇa or an angry Brāhmaṇa lady in dream one becomes endangered
and the goddess of fortune is sure to quit his house.
9.One gets sorrow by seeing in dream a wild flower, a red flower, a palasa tree in blossom, cotton or white cloth.
10.Dreams of a woman singing, laughing and clad in black or a widow of dark complexion are fatal to the dreamer.
11.The dwelling land of a person who dreams gods dancing, singing,
laughing and making flapping sounds with their arms (in challenge) or
running, is destroyed.
12.One lives only for ten months after the dream of one’s eating vomited matters, urine, excrements, brass, silver or gold.
13.His death is impending to him who embraces a woman in black cloth, garlands and toilets, in dream.
14.His death also is impending, who gets in a dream, a dead child, the
head, or a string of human bones of a king or any one else.
14.To see in dream human bones leads to various affections and dangers according to Western interpreters.
15.Ailment is impending to him who finds himself anointed with ghee (clarified butter), milk, honey, butter milk or molasses.
16.His death too is impending, who awakes from a dream after getting alone in a chariot drawn by mules or camels.
17.Maladies are sure to befall him who embraces in dream a woman in red clothes, garlands and toilets.
18.He, who dreams of cut-off hair and nails, extinguished charcoal, or a funeral pile full of ashes, dies very soon.
19.Distress positively comes to him who dreams of cremation ground, dry wood, grass, iron and blackish ink.
20.He, who finds in dresole of a wooden sandal, dreadfully red garland,
grains of bean (masa), lentil (masura) and kidney beans (mudga) suffers
from immediate eruption of boils.
21.Ailments are sure to him who dreams of thorns, vultures, crows, bears, monkeys, mules or pus and dirt of human body.
22-23. One suffers from calamities as a result of seeing in dream, a
broken vessel, a wound, a sudra, a patient suffering from ulceros
proriasis, a piece of red cloth, a person with matted hair, a lion, a
pig, a buffalo, deep darkness, an awful car crass and male or female
24.Death is impending on him, who finds in dream an ugly
looking and shabbily clad ‘mleccha’ or a messenger of Yama (the king of
the dead) hold a pasa weapon in his hand.
25.A person finds
himself in distress as a result of receiving farewell in dream from an
angry Brāhmaṇa or Brāhmaṇa lady, boy or girl, son or daughter.
26.Death is sure to him, who sees in dream, black flowers, a garland of
black flowers, an armed soldier and an ugly looking mleccha woman.
27.One, who sees in dream playing on various musical instruments,
dancing, singing, a musician clad in red, a jovial beating of ‘mṛdañga’
surely experiences sorrows.
28.A dreamer of the dead body of a dead person dies. Brother’s death happens to him, who catches fish or the like, in dream.
29.Death is the result of a dream of a spirit assuming a beheaded body,
a person with indecently disheveled hair or one dancing rapidly.
30.His days are numbered, who is embraced in a dream by a dead male or female, or a dreadful mleccha with dark complexion.
31.One suffers from financial loss or gets physical diseases as a result of losing teeth or hair in dream.
32.Troubles from the king befall him, who is, in dream, chased by a horned or fanged animal or by boys or men.
33.Sorrow befalls a man, as a result of a dream of a tree cut-down or
about to fall, hail, husk, a razor, red hot cinder or a shower of ashes.
34.Sorrow befalls him too, who witnesses in dream the fall of a house
or a mountain, a dreadful comet or the broken trunk of a tree.
35.Distress is sure to him who finds himself, in dream, falling from a
chariot, a house, a mountain, a tree, a cow, an elephant, a house or a
36.Death is inevitable to come to those who in dream fall
from a height into a funeral pile full of ashes and cinder, or a pit
filled with salt (or fuller’s earth) or on a heap of lime.
37.He, from whose head an umbrella is forcibly removed by a rogue in
dream, suffers the death of his father, or preceptor or king.
38.Laksmi, the goddess of fortune, leaves him, who finds, in dream,
Surabhi leaving his house along with her calf, being frightened.
39.Death is inevitable to him who finds himself to be carried away
being tied with ropes, by the messengers of Yama, (the king of the
Hades) or by foreigners.
40.He, who is angrily cursed, in a
dream by an astrologer, a Brāhmaṇa lady or his spiritual guide, will
certainly be endangered.
41.Death is inevitable to him also on whose body falls in dream a crow, a dog, or a bear with a motive to harm him.
42.He, who is chased, in dream, by angry buffaloes, bears, camels, hogs, or donkeys, will surely fall ill.
Plz. Note this is Interpreted
by S Rath from Brahmavaivarta Purāṇa, all list members are requested to
share there dreams related to this post.
Thanks & Regards, Vijay Goel Astrologer and Vastu Counselor, www.IndianAstroVedic.com email@example.com MOB : +91 92145 02239